Are you looking to hire an HVAC administration company to do preventative maintenance? Do you know that there are some comprehensive safety checklists by HVAC contractors servicing Grosse Ile? Chances are you’re uncertain about what preventative maintenance includes. If you already have an HVAC contractor servicing your unit, you might wonder if you’re getting the same services just like your neighbours. That’s the place where an HVAC safety maintenance checklist proves to be useful.
Insight To Comprehensive Safety Checklists By HVAC Contractor Servicing Grosse Ile
Let’s take a glance at an HVAC safety checklist. You can use this checklist when comparing vendors and costs.
Winter HVAC Safety checklist
Before you hire your HVAC contractor ensure that they can professionally perform these HVAC safety checklists on your heating system and prepare it for the chilly season coming ahead. If you want to avoid a furnace breakdown in winter, make sure you don’t skip this list.
- Confirm gas pressure
- Inspect pulleys and belts
- Study fuel system and ensure safe attachment to the furnace
- Examine for gas leaks with gas furnaces
- Change filters on heating equipment
- Examine ignition burner parts
- Observe heat exchanger
- Check thermostats and controls
- See fan and blower operation and adjust if needed
- Examine heat pump
- Observe ductwork and vents
- Check electrical connections
- Lubricate motors, bearings, and other moving parts
Summer HVAC Safety Checklist
Your HVAC contractor should be able to perform these HVAC safety maintenance checklist tasks to prepare your system for the cooling season upcoming.
- Diagnose thermostats control and ensure temperatures and timer functions
- Switch batteries
- Check electrical system and connections
- Check refrigerant charge for leakage
- Worn belts and pulleys should be kept clean
- Mold, dust, and debris should be inspected
- Check if there is debris around the outside unit
- Inspect blowers and blades for airflow
- Oil motors bearings and every moving part
- Replace fan motor
- Humidity levels should be inspected
- Examine cabinet for leaks
- Replace or clean up your filters
- Keep condenser and evaporator coils clean
- Drain lines should be kept clean
- Avoid overflow by clearing drain pans of any standing water
Use this HVAC Safety checklist as a guide
You don’t have to get secured in a one-size-fits-all agreement. Contract terms can vary generally. You might limit HVAC annual maintenance checklist items to one system, for example, air conditioning. That might be the case if your building has a central heating system that’s maintained by the property owner.
You might pick an HVAC quarterly safety checklist. That option works best when you need more frequent assistance for changing filters and cleaning coils.
Twice-annual preventative maintenance is a popular option. It’s recommended that these visits are made in spring and fall before the peak air conditioning and heat seasons.
It is now seen that comprehensive safety checklists by HVAC contractors servicing Grosse Ile should not be taken for granted. If you are experiencing anything you don’t understand with your HVAC system, call on your HVAC engineer immediately.